The Real You
Her best friend is the hottest guy in school…
Rourke hasn’t been in the same room with Dallas since she was eight years old. Since moving away from her hometown nearly a decade ago, she’s had to stay in touch with him solely online, where the pair has grown closer than ever sharing everything from their favorite sci-fi shows to cute photos of baby animals, to crises that have cropped up in each of their personal lives as they’ve grown up. Now Rourke is suddenly back in town, and while she’s thrilled to be reunited with the boy who has become her dearest friend, she realizes it won’t be easy seeing him in person again every day. Because over the years, Rourke has fallen deeply in love with Dallas…but Dallas isn’t the sort of guy who falls in love.
As the high school’s resident drama heartthrob, Dallas is known for his passionate starring performances. Unfortunately his Romeo act isn’t only confined to the boards. Off-stage he’s so popular with the opposite sex that other guys come to him for advice on how to succeed with girls. Although Rourke knows there’s a lot more to him than the charismatic playboy everyone else sees, she still doubts Dallas could ever be satisfied with only one girl, especially not one as bookish and old-fashioned as herself. She knows the smart thing to do would be to get over Dallas and fall for someone more suitable, or else resign herself to only finding happily-ever- after within the pages of her favorite romance novels. But if it was hard enough for Rourke to keep from fixating on her charming pal when he was hundreds of miles away, now that she’s living right down the street from him again it seems downright impossible. Especially with Dallas sending her so many strangely mixed messages concerning his own feelings about her…
More About the Book
- The Real You is a complete novel of approximately 80,000 words.
- It is a lighthearted contemporary YA romance written in third person, and follows both Rourke’s and Dallas’s points of view.
- There is no cliffhanger ending.
- It contains PG-13-rated content (mild cursing, kissing).
- While The Real You may be enjoyed on its own as a stand-alone novel, it shares a setting with, and features some characters from, Elizabeth’s previous novels, Fear and Laundry and Fear and Laundry 2, also available now.
- The Real You is followed by the novella A Very Merry Carreen Halloween.
Printed format: Trade paperback, black ink on cream paper, 5.25 x 0.91 x 8 inches, 1.09 lbs
Print ISBN-10: 154843356X
Print ISBN-13: 978-1548433567
Publisher: Eight Oh Six/Tangential Publishing
Categories: Fiction / Romance / Young Adult / Contemporary